Outside of photography, I have another love – baking! Especially on rainy days.
I first tasted these guilt-free brownies at a friend’s place one night, and just had to get the recipe for myself.
Cleverly, my friend had also added raspberries into the batter, which added another layer of goodness – I would recommend giving it a go!
180g coconut oil
200g dairy free dark chocolate (or Cadbury Dark Chocolate Melts)
130g Medjool dates, pitted
30g coconut flour
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 180° Grease and line a square cake tin (21cm) and set aside.
2. Chop up dates using a food processor, then place into a saucepan with the coconut oil and chocolate and melt together over a low heat.
3. Place coconut flour, eggs, salt and vanilla extract into a large bowl and stir until combined.
4. Tip the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and stir until combined.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin and bake for 18-20 minutes until a thin crust is formed and the centre is thick and fudgey. Be careful not to overcook, brownies will become firmer as they cool.